26.8 C
Singapore
Friday, June 14, 2024
Ads

19 PPEOPLE GOT SICK AFTER EATING AT ANGEL’S RESTAURANT

A restaurant and a food company in Singapore have recently been fined for their respective food safety lapses.

Advertisements

Angel’s Restaurant, located at Bedok North Street 5, was fined S$3,300 on April 17, 2023, for conducting food processing and repacking activities within the premises without a license. In January 2023, the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) received reports of gastroenteritis involving 19 people who consumed catered food prepared by the restaurant. No one was hospitalized.

During the investigation, approximately 600kg of food products were seized, including pre-packed products such as cinnamon, premixed flour, rock sugar, soy sauce, processed chili paste, and ground dried shrimp. The restaurant was made to rectify the lapses and take necessary measures to improve the food safety practices and cleanliness of its premises.

Another company, Ma Bo (Fried Fish) Lor Mee, was fined S$2,000 for processing and repacking food products at an unlicensed premises.

All food processing and repacking establishments in Singapore must be licensed and are required to meet SFA’s requirements and food safety standards. Those convicted of illegally processing and repacking food products can face a fine not exceeding S$5,000 and, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding S$10,000, or a jail term not exceeding three months, or both.

Advertisements

Offenders convicted of operating a food establishment without a valid license can face a fine not exceeding S$2,000, and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding S$100 for every day or part thereof during which the offence continues after conviction.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

MAN HELPS FRIEND START BUSINESS BUT END UP GET BETRAYED AND THROWN OUT

I thought that I had it all figured out. I had helped my friend get started with their own...
- Advertisement -