The Police have arrested a 45-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 8 January 2024 at about 1pm, the Police received a report from a victim stating that his motorcycle parked at a carpark along Telok Blangah Crescent was purportedly stolen. The stolen motorcycle was recovered by the Police on 12 January 2024 along Tampines Street 45.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from CCTV and Police cameras, officers from Central Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 16 January 2024 along Tampines Street 45.
The man will be charged in court on 18 January 2024 with the offence of theft of a motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code 1871. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.