Five Taxi Operators have proposed the increase of Taxi Fares to the Public Transport Council (PTC) and all of them have the same mind to increase fares come March 2022.
These operators are:
- Prime Taxi
- Premier Taxi
- Strides Taxi
- Independent yellow-top taxis
The proposed increases come after ComfortDelGro was the first to announce that they will be increasing their fares on 8 Feb 2022, after almost a decade.
Reasons cited were that it was to help taxi drivers bear the costs of inflation such as price increases in fuel.
PTC noted the increases
PTC said that they note the proposed increases and reminded all operators to give passengers a seven day heads up before the increases come into force.
Operators are required to inform PTC about any proposed increases so that there is transparency and oversight in fees.
Prime Taxi will be increasing their fees in this manner:
- Flag down fees up to $4.10, from the previous $3.60 and $3.80.
- Metered charges will increase by 2 cents, basic taxi metered charges will now be 24 cents and premium taxis at 35 cents.
ComfortDelGro will be increasing their fees in this manner:
- Flag down fees up to $3.90 – $4.10, up from the previous $3.70 – $3.90.
- Metered charges will increase by 2-3 cents, normal taxis will now be at 24 cents, limousine taxis will now be at 33 cents.
- All other fares will remain as status quo.
Image source: Unsplash.com