According to a report by CNA, an accident which involved a bus and a car occurred at Yishun on Friday (13 Jan) night around 10.51pm.
It took place along Yishun Avenue 2, towards the direction of the junction of Canberra and Yishun Avenue 3.
Footage of the incident had been circulating around social media and according to the footage, the vehicles involved were a GetGo Car and a bus belonging to SBS Transit.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that a person was at the driver’s seat of the car trapped and was rescued by the SCDF using hydraulic rescue equipment.
Seven others were also sent to the nearby Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (KTPH).
The Singapore Police Force (SPF) also said that the driver of the car, a 32 year old male, was sent to the hospital while unconscious and unfortunately passed on.
Another six others who were bus passengers were also brought to the hospital conscious and there are between the ages of 22 and 40.
Investigations on the case are ongoing.
SBS Transit’s Vice President of customer experience and communications, Mrs Grace Wu, in responding to queries by CNA said the following:
- Bus 117 was going straight at the junction of Yishun Avenue 2 and Yishun Avenue 3 with the traffic light green in its favour
- While travelling straight, it was hit in the middle right by a private car
- The bus captain was not hurt, but seven others on board the bus was hurt and brought to the hospital to be treated
- Six of the passengers who received treatment were already contacted by SBS Transit
- SBS Transit is trying to reach out to the seventh passenger affected
- SBS Transit wishes all affected a speedy recovery
Image and Video source: SG Road Vigilante