There are multiple ways to eat food in this world and most of us in South East Asia uses either the spoon, chopsticks or hand to eat rice.
But in the westerners world they are often seen eating rice with a fork which makes no sense as the rice could dropped which makes it illogical to use a fork to eat rice.
A woman on Tik Tok recently posted a video claiming the discovery that eating with a spoon is easier. Even though, for most Asians this is common sense.
This invited a lot of negativity and sarcasm towards her video. Mostly describing her as a frog in a well.
Here is the video:
Here are what netizens think:
- Did she just figure this out all by herself?? Clap clap clap… Come, I clap for you!!!
- Attention seeking from a smart Alec.You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure that a spoon is the default choice when it comes to scooping rice up and putting them into your mouth.Seriously, who takes a fork and eats rice with it?
- Children eat rice with Spoon.Adults eat rice with Fork.Legends eat rice with Chopsticks.Ultra legends eat rice with Bare hand.
- Western culture is different from us. They eat rice with fork. And they also drink soup with chopsticks.
- I live in Australia and noone eats rice with a fork. Dono if she’s trying to create something controversial to go viral or what.
- Maybe she also use a fork to eat ice-cream.
- Interesting comments.Apparently prisoners are only given spoons to eat their meals just to be sure forks do not become their weapons. It helps with digestion if you eat with a fork. However, use whatever if it makes you enjoy your food.
- There was an etiquette class I attended when I was young, the trainer taught us how to eat rice with a fork. He said rice was not meant to be eaten with a spoon. I remember that etiquette class clearly as it looked funny to me and some of my friends.