24F am currently 13 weeks pregnant but not really showing yet.
At this station, it happens to have 2 empty seats, reserved seat and one beside it.
I went over to the one beside the reserve seat and just nice this aunty also sat down beside me she then told her husband go to the opposite seats, unfortunately it was also taken by the time he move over, then the aunty started eyeing me and told her unker husband “young people snatch seat with senior” in chinese.
I looked at her and told her “i am pregnant”, she then replied, “congrats” in chinese sarcastic tone lah. I wasn’t even offended here, i know all these entitled SG AUNTY UNKER pattern. (they looked just like aunty uncle, not ahgong ahma type ya)
She later then made a comment, not looking at me and said “don’t even have big stomach” in chinese.
I am genuinely curious was i wrong for sitting because i am not showing yet? I didn’t even rush for the seat.
I would definitely give up my seat if i see someone needing it more than me.
Like those really old senior or so.
I just felt rly annoyed by her comments and i want to hear suggestions whether am i wrong for not giving up my seat? Thank you
Here are what netizens think
- It’s ok, close to expiry date don’t waste your time on these
- These types would still insist they deserve the seat more even if you were as big as a beach ball. Don’t let them take advantage of you.
- Wait just to confirm you didn’t even sit on the reserved seat right? Then it’s totally your right to sit on it, pregnant or not.
- I really don’t understand some people. Pregnancy doesn’t mean must have big belly. Did they not learn that babies GROW INSIDE? Btw congrats on your kid!!
- Don’t u know? seniors have special privilige and entitlement! They are the kings and queens of this land!!
they can stand in front and cut queue, they can smoke in no smoking area, they can do anything