Okay, so my boyfriend (21 M) and I (19 F) got into an argument because last month a guy who looks at me like a sister bought me a tote bag as a gift.
I knew my boyfriend would freak out because he always thought I had something with the guy, but we are literally like siblings. 2 weeks before he bought me the bag, my boyfriend told me he lied for 3 months about another girl (before we were official and they didn’t do anything S) but I felt that I did not owe him anything after forgiving him for that.
A week before the guy gave me the gift, my boyfriend got mad that I accepted a sandwich from the same guy (he hands them out to *everyone*) so I was afraid to tell him about the bag.
His reactions are scary, he is impulsive, calls me out of my name (bitch, hoe, etc), and gets physically aggressive but never actually hits me.
When I wore the bag, I told him my mom bought it for me, till last week he randomly checked my phone and I told him the truth before he even went through those messages. He started to say how disrespectful it was, and that he was gonna meet up with another girl because of it. He made me cut the bag up and send a picture of the destroyed bag to the guy who bought it for me.
Smash my phone
He was threatening to smash my phone if I didn’t. I understand my actions were wrong, but I was genuinely scared of his reaction. Either way, it was wrong and I could’ve at least not worn the bag. The guy is 100% like a brother to me though ( i know it sounds cliche and hard to believe but its true).
He then started to say he wanted to put all of this behind us and continue, I declined, refused to have S with him, and we both blocked each other. Tell me truthfully, do you think his actions were warranted by my lie?
I have been loyal to him for seven months before we were even official… he met my parents, and we went on two trips together. So many memories… please someone give me advice!
Here are what netizens think:
- It is good that you block him, dont ever forgive him. What a vile man.
- You can do so much better. He is a pos cheater. Dont take him back. All that name calling is so disrespectful. Why stay in a relationship like that. You are young. Dont waste your time on him.
- He was looking for an excuse to cheat. Thats without the gaslighting, name calling and generally trying to control you. Keep him blocked. You dodged a bullet.
- Okayy so he sounds pretty abusive and usually when people are aggressively accusing you of cheating, they’re usually the ones cheating. people going on how it was wrong to lie about the gift which is true but if he made you feel scared then it’s reasonable and ok to do that.
- Also him using a tote bag as an excuse to get head means he planned to do it already, he’s a pos.