According to a study done by researchers from the University of Hong Kong, the coronavirus can survive on a few surfaces such as steel or plastic for up to 4-7 days.
But it can survive on the exterior layer of the mask for a week.
- Here is the full list on how long the virus can survive
- Tissues Paper – 3 Hours
- Wood and Cloth – Disappeared the next day
- Glass and banknotes – 4 Days
- Plastic and stainless steel – 4 to 7 Days
- Exterior layer of face mask – 7 Days
Do Not Touch exterior of the face mask
if you touch the exterior layer that filtered out the virus, your hands might touch your eyes and chances are contaminated hands can transmit the virus.
The researchers did not indicate which type of Face mask was used to perform the test, it is believed that it is the regular surgical facemask.