A video emerged online showing a man lying down on his back in the middle of the road, on a zebra crossing, along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3.
He was seen in the video lying down on the road and staying motionless on the ground before suddenly getting up and walking away.
The incident happened on Friday (24 March) at about 10.33am, along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 heading towards Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, and was captured on the dashcam of a car that was trying to turn left but was blocked from doing so by the man.
In the video, the cam car was seen trying to turn left on the slip road, before slowing down to a halt because the man was lying down in the middle of the zebra crossing.
The car had to stop to avoid running the man over, who remained lying down on the ground for about 13 seconds before getting up like nothing happened.
He then walked across the road, followed by another pedestrian, before the cam car could continue driving on and completing the left turn.
- Should have come nearer then blast the air horn. See if he go deaf annot.
- Get closer to Mother Earth. It a wonderful day….
- What a “down to earth” guy.
- The world has come to the end
- I’m sure it is not an offense to miss debris on the road, however unfortunate.
- The road surface was more than 40 degree C and he could lay there?? He needs to go to Health and Science Authority for a mental Checkup sooner the better lor…
- Prepare a piece of white cloth everytime you see this kind of people. Cover them first.
A public nuisance is committed when a person causes common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or people in the vicinity.
This offence is defined under section 268 and punishable under section 290 of the Penal Code with a maximum fine of $1,000.