On March 29, DBS clients experienced difficulties using the bank’s digital platforms, such as the DBS PayLah! app, DBS iBanking etc.
According to Downdetector, over 1,000 reports have been made from 8 AM to 11 AM, and as of 11.15 AM the service has not recovered.
According to DBS’S Facebook post they said:
“Access to digital services (digibank Online and Mobile, PayLah!) is currently unavailable. We are resolving the issue and will update as soon as services are recovered.
Customers can continue to use their DBS/POSB cards for transactions. Please be assured that our systems remain secure and uncompromised. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.”
Cards still working
DBS said that card transactions at ATMs are still working. But DBS customers are unhappy about it.
A netizen said: “Time waits for no one. You better get it up fast. If people needs to use money at an urgent timing and it’s not available then how do you answer this?”
Here are what netizens think:
- Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket. Always must have another account in other bank as BCP
- dbs otp sms also very late, i got problem rightnow
- OK lah… Big boss received million in bonus already. So all this don’t matter
- “We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.” – Really? Prove it.
- DBS Bank ,you need to wake up! Always happened around Monthend and the last few days of the current month. This is happening too often ! You need to ascertain the root of the issue. If the current server cannot handle the mass transactions at monthend. The server needs an upgrade !
- Even Prompt Pay cannot work. What’s the point of MAS raising 1.5x of the bank’s capital risk? How does that benefit those who are affected by the outage?
- This is what you call capitalism, where the rich and powerful, those that earn millions are protected, when small matters affect ordinary folks like us