Can I prevent certain guest that my spouse invite from coming to my house?
My spouse and I own a HDB 50:50 and we will be separating due to marriage breakdown.
She recently invited her new partner to live in the house for a few days a week and we now sleep in separate rooms. I’m not happy about the guest coming so often and tried to negotiate but to no avail. She even gave out our house keys.
I’m wondering if there is anything I can do about this at the moment?
What if she decides to let the partner live in the house for 1 week straight or 1 month straight or even 1 an entire year?
- Invite your lady friend to stay over & be louder than them.
- This is so weird. If your partner thinks this is normal behaviour it’s probably a good thing you’re divorcing. And how the hell is your wife’s new partner comfortable even visiting, some people are very odd.
- Omg the audacity defies my imagination
- Time to move out, and wait for the settlement. Not an enjoyable living situation to be in, for your own sanity you need to leave.
Especially weird if you sharing bed with your wife when the partner is not there.
- Talk to a lawyer and ask what are the options. Assuming that you’re waiting MOP. If it’s me i would appeal to surrender the flat. Sure i wont be making money but i wont want to have them earn a profit as well.
- Rent out that 50% you own and move out somewhere else? Why are you even thinking in this manner doesn’t it make you feel worse?
- Invite your buddies over, very regularly. Sleepovers on weekends etc. To the point that it gets her annoyed/legally uncomfortable. Lay it to your friends that you need them right now. Maybe do shift rotations.