TikTok user @manos1966 shared a video showing a minivan illegally parked at a sheltered pedestrian crossing at Stirling Road in Queensway.
The incident happened on 24 August, with the Toyota Noah minivan blocking the path while it was pouring heavily at the time.
A woman was seen trying to cross the walkway but couldn’t as the walkway was blocked, and she then walked around the minivan but turned back as it was raining.
The videographer was heard in the video saying “there’s a car illegally parked here, blocked people’s way while it’s raining so heavily.”
Moments later, what appears to be the driver of the minivan blocking the way, was seen running through the rain to his vehicle.
He was seen waving his hands apologetically to the people waiting, as they scolded him for his lack of civic-mindedness.
- very easy call the police, they will get LTA to tow it away. I have done it once
- just open the door and go out on the other side
- I really boiled up. Too much this driver.
- Really wonder at times why people can be so selfish
- Lot of selfish people around. The world will be better if people can be more considerate.
@manos1966 illegal parking#blocking ♬ original sound – manos1966