Questions about wfh
I just started working at this company few months ago, and I noticed that my boss is pretty chill about rules and rarely micromanages us.
Our company currently has a 3 day WFO and 2 day WFH policy but you can choose which days to WFH. My work doesn’t require me to be in the office at all but I find myself subconsciously forcing myself to go to the office at least once or twice a week because I want to “show face” so my colleagues don’t think I’m lazy.
Totally don’t remember going to the office 3 times a week at all. Not sure if my boss minds but she hasn’t mentioned anything about it. Just curious whether anyone is in the same situation so:
- Do your bosses actually notice or keep track of your WFH vs WFO days?
- Why do some people love going to the office even when their bosses aren’t there?
- How strictly do you follow your company’s WFH to WFO ratio? (e.g. if company states 3 days WFO, do you actually go for 3 days?)
- How often do you pretend to be busy at work?
- I don’t keep track of my team as long as they meet their KPIs. They are free to WFH or WFO, just give a headsup of where they are and remain contactable on Teams/Slack.
- well I work wfh everyday. no need to show face at the office. also boss doesnt really care as long as we finish project on time or ahead of time.
- 1. No
2. Because not everyone is fortunate enough to have a conducive WFH environment. Eg. young children at home, sharing a work area/room at home with a sibling/spouse
3. Not strictly at all as my bosses believe in output and not facetime
4. Don’t need to, my to do list will far outlive my tenure at this firm hahaha
- 1. My boss doesn’t care where I work from.
2. Cos it might be more conducive. Some ppl have kids or old folks at home. Old folks who can’t keep quiet.
3. See #1. I follow my company’s guidelines cos staying home with no human interaction makes me depressed. I like some human interaction. So the hybrid work model is pretty nice. I do my thinking / strategy work on wfh days and meetings / calls in the office.
4. I don’t pretend. I just overdeliver on my targets and go home and enjoy life. If that’s not enough for ppl too bad Lor