Is it my fault to fall sick after submitting my resignation? This led to alot of speculation by HR, that I started to play mc.
I wouldn’t have come to know without my colleagues telling me that they heard about this.
I genuinely fell sick with flu and I couldn’t even get out of bed for almost a week.
Feeling humiliated and very uncalled for action by the HR.
Is this considered work place harassment?
- You’re already serving your notice period. Your soon-to-be-ex-employer’s unprofessional HR department isn’t your problem anymore.
- Your sick days are an ENTITLEMENT. They are not a privilege.
If you have an official MC issued by a doctor, who the hell do your HR think they are to doubt the legitimacy of your illness? Did they go to medical school too?
- Some people will talk behind your back and just live for gossip. If your HR is run by people like that, then all the more congratulations to you for getting out of that company.
- Take more mc, may as well do what they accused you of.
But seriously, there’s nothing you can do except maybe confront them or make snide comments/emails to them about how sick you really were if you wanna feel like you “did something” to make yourself feel better.
- wow… so toxic… gg, u did the right thing, give yourself a pat on the back and a glass of wine to celebrate 😀