A netizen recently posted on Facebook which attracted the attention of a lot of netizens who faced similar workplace issues.
Here is the story:
Female Managers with Issues
I’m a female myself and I find working with female managers so difficult. When you’re working as a certain occupation, the chances of working under a female manager is high.
Real-life experiences of female managers with issues:
1. In her 60s, single, will call you into her office just to nag/tell stories while you’re standing beside her for 1 HOUR (btw she’s sitting down comfortably).
2. In her 40s, single, talking one big round for 1 HOUR just to hear you apologise before finally calming down.
3. In her 30s, married with no kids, nitpicking on every single piece of work submitted (such as font type, font size, alignment, comma, full stop), providing ‘feedback’ about you to your current supervisor on ridiculous stuff.
Work is already difficult enough. Can these type of people just calm the f down.
Here are what netizens think:
- My ex lady boss is in her 40s, married and is very supportive, understanding, doesn’t micro manage. Her expectations are high, but she’s gives the team space.
- They are single for a reason lol. If u want to continue to survive u have to find some ways to gel with them. Once u find the right chemistry, is easy to definitely work w them in a long run. I used to work closely w some single old lady before, and somehow I pity those working under her due to her work antics lol. Fortunately is not my direct superior, but other than work, technically she is nice person
- When I was a junior auditor, one particular female senior auditor who’s in her 20s was already behaving your mentioned crazy/siao/hypercritical/authoritative/they are better than you/non-compassionate way. My male colleagues and I ran the fuck away from her metaphorically. Not about the age, it’s the person.