A British woman in Singapore shared on her TikTok page (@salshoult) about how her landlord has increased her rent by 75%.
Sal said sarcastically in her TikTok video that there was no need for her to feel anxious about the rental market because her landlord was “only” going to increase her monthly rental by 75%.
The landlord then told her that it was a good deal for her because if she didn’t accept it, he would list it on the open market with a 100% increase in rent.
She then added sarcastically: “So really, he’s giving us a 25% discount! So generous of him!” Before adding that she’s moving out.
- As a landlord, I always feel a good tenant is more impt than increasing my rental…
- (OP) Are you insinuating I’m a bad tenant?! Lived in this house for 4 years. Paid rent on time every month. Kept property in good condition.
- happened to me 100% increase. I moved out and found something cheaper better
- (OP) Glad to hear it! I hope I can follow suit!
- I rent in the heartlands and rent was increased by 40%. and I moved out too lol
- (OP) Urgh, sorry to hear that. The market is crazy.
- What do you do for a living ? Just saw your viral post from Facebook lol. You should consider JB lol. Value for money
- (OP) We did actually consider that, but it’s not an option because of the visa situation
- move out, his greed his loss
- (OP) I am! Not paying that increase out of principle alone!
@salshoult It’s my turn to feel the burn of the SG rental market! #sgexpats #sgrent ♬ original sound – Sal