As if searching for a job is still not tough enough…
You have those companies posting on job portals that they’re looking for marketing/events executive roles or like management associates – in the end they turn out to be insurance agencies.
Annoying as F
Do they understand how irritating they are? I have a few friends who went down for interviews only to have these insurance agencies telling them “Oh we hired someone for that position. But we have a job opening as a financial advisor/consultant…” Hello? You know you’re wasting our time?
If we wanted to become an insurance agent, we would have applied for those roles. So shout out to everyone who got an interview that try to mask their company name all saying its private and confidential but when they ask you down for interview its at Newton or like Fuji Xerox Tower.. Then you better clarify with them that you’re not interested in a financial consultant role before heading down.
Did that a few times and the HR just MIA on me. So I guess my instinct was right. Oh another trick is those companies that ends with “*Insert name here* Organisation” 80% insurance companies.
– From a job seeker that had enough
Here are what netizens think:
- What about those who try to dangle a big carrot but refuse to reveal more details about the job until you go to their office? Damn annoying also. What’s the MOM guideline about these matters?
- ya fkin irritating, u wont be hiring all the time if it’s so simple as it sounds.
- Agents earn commission from every referral they bring in. So its no surprise that they’ll resort to all sorts of tactics to get money
- They are just using the financial consultant opportunity as an “insurance” as the position may already be filled. *Pun intended*