So I met her around a year and a half ago and we hit it off pretty well, great chemistry and and all that.
The problem is that every 10 days or so (can’t keep track), she’s absurdly nasty to me. To give a couple of examples, I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and it seems I have low testosterone. One day at night, I said I’d start taking the medication and she says: Great, maybe you’ll finally become a man.
Other times, I was chilling on the couch after work (8-17), she shows up, says that I work too little and that there was once a diplomat that had a thing for her that made much more money. She sometimes also mentions some hurtful stuff like I made her some food and she randomly mentions she once hooked up with a random guy from a bar.
These are only a couple, there’s plenty more. Whenever I try to say anything, she usually says it’s just a joke and that I am too sensitive or blames it on her periods and that she likes this kind of banter. Afterwards, when I tell her my feelings,she sends me a huge wall of text saying she loves me, appreciates me, is feeling like shit and that she will try to change.
Now I’m starting to get kinda crazy on debating whether I really am too sensitive or if this is abusive and like most cases, I can’t grasp it.
Not sure if it’s relevant but I live by myself and she lives with her mother.
Here are what netizens think:
- I have a rule that took me WAY too long to learn – just because people are going through, doesn’t mean they are allowed to take it out on people around them. You’re worth better than that, your feelings are valid. Don’t put up with it.
- She does have mental health issues, she should at minimum apologize when you point out she’s been hurtful. If she doesn’t take your feelings seriously even when you talk to her in a “good” phase that’s pretty red flag-ey.
- If she’s really having cycles where she behaves differently she might have mood disorder issues? I have that (although I get depressive cycles
- You’re not too sensitive. She’s being straight up mean. Instead of saying “you’ll finally become a man,” after getting your meds, imagine if she was curious about them or was excited for the both of you or she just gave you a hug or ANYTHING besides being very mean and cutting about it.
- She’s using that as an excuse to say or do whatever she want.