Dishonest Phone Shops
Does anyone else buy their phones from Shopee sellers with SG local set?
Not sure if this is a norm, where they claim to provide 1 year warranty, but it is actually 1 year from the phone’s manufacture date instead of your purchase date.
I bought a phone from 8thavemobile from Shopee in March 2022, and today when I reached out to them as my phone is having an issue, they said my warranty was no longer valid as it started before my phone was bought… That means my phone effectively had only 9 months warranty.
When I clarified if they gave me a phone with less than 1 year warranty, all they could say was “apologies on the miscomm”.
Is this a normal thing for phones bought from non telco stores? Or was the seller just not honest and not transparent?
- If I buy electronics online, I only buy from official stores. The price from non official stores may be tempting but most of the time, it is not worth the trouble. During flash sales, sometimes the price at official store can be lower than these non official stores.
- You should make a complaint to Shopee’s customer service helpline. They are usually pretty helpful. Document everything that was discussed between you and the seller, as well as the product listing page (check your order history).
- You pay a price, I use to get angry about this type of nonsense and when I buy the cheap phones. Nowadays u need to know, why officially outlets are more expensive 🙂
- Most likely they sold you a refurbished phone that someone else bought returned and the phone company flipped to Shopee seller. Warranty is not with phone supplier ie Samsung direct?
If it is 1 year warranty with shoppee I would complain to them about the warranty it absolutely should be from purchase date and seller is. Con artist. This happened to me on Lazada and they gave me a full cash refund
- Most of the time you do get a bargain of a few hundred dollars off. Gotta go with it with eyes wide open as most of these could be activated sets which are then resold back within days of buyers remorse.
- Idk why people still buy phones from non-official retailers,so many things can go wrong and had gone wrong because people want to save a hundred dollars. End of the day everyone need to make money don’t expect a product to be cheap out of the kindness of their hearts. If you want to buy a cheap phone,buy a cheap phone, dont buy expensive phone then try to compromise for something cheaper.