I went out with a guy last week that I like, we actually met a few years ago at a bar and kissed when we had been drinking, but it didn’t progress into anything and we just stayed friends and talked occasionally on social media.
I didn’t see him for almost 2 years because I was studying overseas, but then I just moved back to Singapore, and we went out on a date last week. He was really nice, we went to dinner, he paid, and then we went to a bar to listen to some music with his friends. Afterwards, we went to his apartment and were watching TV in his bed. He didn’t try to pressure me into anything, but I could tell he probably wanted to hook up because of some of his body language. lol, but I just kinda ignored it because I didn’t feel like I know him well enough at this time to do it with him. We kissed for a while but that was it.
I haven’t heard anything from him since last week when I left his apartment. I did text him first once that day about something random but his answers were really short, so I stopped trying to make conversation. Before we went to his apartment (still during the date) he kept talking about “oh we should do this together” or “we should take this trip!” together so it seemed like he was interested in pursuing a relationship may be or at least getting to know me more.
Do you all think he just wanted to hook up and isn’t reaching out to me anymore because of it?
I feel kinda disappointed bc I feel like we had a fun time and I like spending time with him, but if he was just interested in a hookup I guess I shouldn’t be wasting my time with him anyway. I don’t know.
Here are what netizens think:
- Maybe he felt you were uncomfortable with him?
- Reach out and start a normal conversation. Then you will understand what he feels or needs
- You gave him the ultimate blue balls, u kiss him went to his apartment and leave him hanging, now your expecting him to give you more effort? Give and take.
- leave him alone. You gave him messages on date night and he interpreted them in the most respectful way possible. Now he’s given you some: you should respect them.
- It is a great idea to try and clear it up with him. And it would be even better to start that conversation by explaining the reason for your actions, which he likely perceived as a lack of interest.