Would you look down or judge your girlfriend if she lives in a rental flat?
Context: started dating someone, he treated me well but I fear that he will look down / make less effort on dating me if he sees my living condition once I bought him home.
Edit: just to clarify, rental flat and renting a flat are two different matters.
he made so much effort to pursue me and ends up I’m living in a rental flat , will he think he don’t need to make effort anymore?
- If he truly loves you, where you live won’t matter.
- Frankly, I think it’d be a great idea to bring him home, i.e let him see what’s your background and see his reactions.
If he truly wants to be with you, he wouldn’t mind (your background) but instead, make his best efforts to take you out of it.
This is indeed a fantastic, though unplanned or intended opportunity to “test” his sincerity about being with you and the result will let you make up your mind about the relationship – Either way, sooner the better.
- wont look down on my gf if she lives in a rental flat, but i would be disappointed if she lies about it (eg trying to act richer than she is)
- For context, I’m a guy and I wouldn’t look down or judge a girlfriend for this. I don’t think any of my friends will either. It isn’t a consideration in finding a partner.
No worries OP, don’t let such things bother you. Anyway, on the off chance it does, it’s better to find it out now. Shallow people make terrible partners anyway.
- Wtf. A flat is still a flat. If he judges you for low ses or labels you poor/broke. You do not want to be with someone like that in th first place even though if he is a 10. It’s not your responsibility to change people.