How do you politely reject someone who has romantic feelings for you?
There’s a colleague of mine whom I think is interested in me but I only see him as a friend.
Even though we don’t stay near each other, he’ll always find some excuse to give me a lift to work. Sometimes, he’ll even buy breakfast for me to eat on the ride to office.
It doesn’t feel like he’s just being friendly because I don’t see him doing this for any other person in the office. My other colleagues tried to matchmake him with this lady from another department once and he told them very directly to stop doing that as he already has a girlfriend.
I’m very scared that the ‘girlfriend’ he’s referring to is me but I don’t know how to ask him about it without sounding obnoxious and rude. I’m also scared that if I suddenly stop talking to him, he’ll turn nasty like those obsessive psychopaths on the news.
What should I do?
Here are what netizens think:
- Stop taking him for a ride lor…I mean stop taking rides from him
- agree! It takes two hands to clap.
- Stop seeing him outside of work la, he want say what let him say the mouth on his face not on your one.
- You obviously enjoy the attention and you are not different from a KTV girl.
- This girl power leh, the skin more thick than alligator.