My (19F) dad (M50) yelled at me while I was at my job, how do I handle this when I get home
Today I was late to work, my phone died I’m completely in the wrong and that is the truth. But when I finally charged my phone I saw a text message from my dad saying he was disappointed in me.
My dad and my boss are friends. There was been multiple times that he has texted my dad about me at work (which I think it’s a bit weird but idk)
Today however my dad came into into work and yelled at me for being late saying there was no excuse and it reflects on him (I’ve been working at this place for two years and I’ve had my moment but overall I’m a good waitress)
After yelling at me at work he left and I’ve just been out of it. I really want to talk to him when I get home tonight.
I’m not sure how to go about it. I know I’m in the wrong about being late but yelling at me was overboard
- Get another job somewhere else. And ignore your dad as much as you can.
- I’d explain to him that if he wants to yell at you, he can do it at home. Yelling at you while you’re on the clock is uncalled for, unprofessional, and reflects on him a lot more than you being late.
- You think it’s weird that your boss texts your dad, because it IS weird
- is there any chance you can talk to your mom? this is scary and controlling and letting an adult know about this situation would help
- If you’re not able to or want to find a job somewhere else you’ll have to have a conversation with your boss about informing your father about your work performance. It would be beneficial to mention this incident because it happened due to your boss’ actions. Overall it’s unethical for a boss to inform a parent of an adult employee about said employees work performance, and it’s not the best thing for a business to have employee’s personal life being broadcast in front of paying customers.