A Grab driver in Singapore lamented over how he missed out on a $3 cash incentive by the merest of margins, 4.8cm, which is roughly the size of 3 fingers.
He said that he was deemed ineligible for the Spot Bonus for Far Pickup cash incentive because he didn’t travel more than the 3km required to reach the customer that he was picking up.
He was at Block 122 Bishan Street 12 when he received a booking to pick up a passenger at Block 117 Toa Payoh Lorong 1.
He was told by the Help Centre that he had travelled 2999.9520435848553 metres instead of the 3,000 metres, missing out on the cash incentive by 0.04 metres, or about 4.8cm.
He posted a screenshot of the message that he received from Grab to the Singapore Private Hire Car Drivers and Riders Community group on Facebook, captioning it “walao eh Grab *sad face emoji*”
- But to be fair, even with rounding up it will be 3 and will not exceed 3km!
- All distance and fare are calculated based on shortest distance. When you use your GPS, it will take you the fastest time to reach you destination, not the shortest. GREETINGS FROM CRAP.
- That’s the problem with automation/ai, no human compassion and flexibility
- Bring this up to Tin Pei Ling ask her to help.
- They can be so accurate up to 13 decimal place when want claim $ from them. But when want press arrival at pick up even when ur gps is overlap at pick up point, they say u are still far from pick up.