Just something I wanted to get off my chest
Currently serving NS and a few days ago, a friend introduced me to gambling and I decided to give it a try for fun.
Was up 2k on the first day, got cocky and lost 8k on the 2nd which was essentially all my savings from NS that I was planning to use for uni.
Promised myself I wouldn’t touch the money but still lost my self control and ended up gambling it all away.
I understand that I only have myself to blame and have decided to never touch gambling again, though the damage has already been done.
Are there any other means of passive income that I could use to slowly earn back the money? Am really at a loss rn . Thanks for reading
- as hard as it sounds, this will be a painful lesson and there are no shortcuts. you gotta save up again, work and earn more. it takes money to earn money. and stay away from gambling no matter the amount.
- There is no such thing as passive income without capital. If you lost all your savings then go and work to earn money.
- Sell tissue, hearsay tissue is good business can earn up to $300/day now
- That’s a lesson that costs 8k that might save you anywhere between 80-800k in your life if you continue to go down the gambling path.
- No fast and easy way to get rich. Now you have learned the lesson from gambling. Another one you should avoid are ponzi schemes.
- Just take this as tuition for learning not to gamble. You are still young so it’s ok to make mistakes like this. Plenty of time to make that money back – at least it’s not a huge amount.