I’m currently job searching and went for an interview 2 weeks ago. The interview went well (from my perspective) – good rapport with the interviewers, they were impressed with the questions I asked.
towards the end they asked back my thoughts on the company culture. Overall it was good. Left happy
However it’s been two weeks and I haven’t heard a peep. I sent one follow-up email, no reply. Just saw the job posting online again.
Do I consider myself rejected and move on? I did have an experience where I applied for a job and didn’t receive an interview email until 6 months later, but that was with an MNC.
This is an SME. Can any recruiters shed light on why they possibly could have decided I wasn’t a good fit for the role? 🙁
Update: it’s tough. a rejection email would have been nice. at least i won’t wonder if i read the signals wrong.
- Just send out your resume to the companies you find interesting/attractive. Don’t get fixated just to 1 company, you’ll feel better that way
- they found two better ones lel. usually even if they keep in contact and hold on to you, you may just be a backup in case their first choice drops. common HR tactic. just move on and apply for more jobs! jia you!!
- When my manager was finding my replacement he shared that some candidates might be over qualified because he was scared they might get bored fast. So he chose someone with less experience.
- If it is a positive interview, there’s a couple of reasons I can think of due to the longer timeline.
1. Probably arranging for a second interview and the second interviewer is away, pretty common in December period.
2. The recruiter or TA is OOO as well hence no rejection email or follow up. No news is also a good news for now
3. They are interviewing other candidates and you are probably the first of the lot they are interviewing. Hence usually takes about 2-3 weeks to complete the first round of interviewing.
For the 3rd point, I usually complete all the candidates interviewing before responding to TA. This allows me to go through all the profiles on my down time and make a call on the final 2 candidates.