A guy shared a story of the effort that he put in to help his sister find her lost iPhone which was pretty troublesome and intense and it was like they went through a big round without achieving anything.
Here is the story
“I thought that I would just share about how my sister screwed up and lost her iPhone and roped in my help to help search for it and I just want to rant as I did not get any credit for my help and am just finding an avenue to make some noise.
- Sis lost her phone, most likely while she was at my mom’s house.
- She drove back to my mom’s house to look for the phone and my mom tried calling it.
- It’s on silent, so calling it from another phone won’t make it ring.
- She attempts logging into icloud to use find my iphone
- She forgot her icloud password
- Her icloud password is on her “password manager”.. which is just a note on her lost iPhone…
- She couldnt use my moms Samsung phone to reset her icloud password. You must use another apple product.
- She then calls me from my moms phone, freaking out. Asks if we have any apple products to do the password reset using Apple Support.
- I tried using my macbook, but you can only get the Apple Support app on iphone, ipad or ipod touch
- I got my trusted friend to attempt password reset
- It tried sending an access code to the trusted phone number listed in the iCloud account
- My sister used her OWN phone number as the trusted number (whyyyy)
- If you don’t have access to the trusted phone number, it sends an access code to the associated email address.
- at this point my niece was having a tantrums because it was past her bedtime, so my sister had to leave my mom’s place.
- I had to guess my sister’s email password to get the access code. (Which I found out this morning SHE DIDN’T EVEN REMEMBER LOL)
- Got my friend to use the code but then…
- IT ASKS FOR THE MASTERCARD INFO ASSOCIATED WITH THE APPLE STORE ACCOUNT AS PROOF OF IDENTITY. what in the world lol
- So because she went home, we couldn’t proceed until the morning.
- She went back to my mom’s house in the morning, I got her cc info, I got my friend to proceed with the attempt to access icloud.
- There is a 24 hr hold for apple support to get in touch by email to say how long the account will be locked out and to send password reset information.
- My sister almost went crazy as she really needs a phone in the meantime.
- She got another phone at with the hope of maybe still finding the original one and transfer everything and sell the old phone or the new phone
- She remembers that the daycare is set as an emergency contact and will make the phone ring/vibrate despite it being on silent
- She goes back to my mom’s, calls the daycare from mom’s phone, and gets them to try calling 3 times in hopes of hearing ringing.
- But unfortunately, she remembers that she already put the sim card with her phone number in the new/temporary phone so it is calling that not the old phone.”
Image source: unsplash.com