Lady says I am a useless worker when I don’t even work at the place and then tells me I should go back to my country
I was just getting food at a store while my dad was waiting in the car for me. As I am about to leave, a woman approaches me asking me where something was.
I didn’t know that she was talking to me so I just continued what I was doing. Then she grabs my hoodie and starts yelling at me for ignoring her.
I tried to explain I did not know she was talking to me but she cut me off. “This store should fire useless workers like you that should go back to your country!”
A manager heard this and kicked the lady out of the store, while she was still cursing and screaming that i should go back to my “country”.
The manager apologized for the lady and gave a 25% discount on my purchases. I left that store with the biggest smile on my face.
- I was told to go back to my own country last week and when I said “I don’t think they sell flight tickets from Singapore to Singapore”, she snapped.
- People are horrible. I’m so sorry this happened and I’m glad your purchase was discounted
- I’m not going to tell you how you should handle confrontations — just that if that were to happen to me, fists would start flying.
- Good. About ‘damn time these bigots get their due.
- My mother experienced something similar when she came over with her parents many years ago.
Many years later, she herself started saying things like, “all these foreigners coming here…”. Both my brother and I turned to her and said, “But mum! You’re a foreigner!”
The look on her face was priceless!