Lessons from my encik. What did he teach you?
My encik in BMT taught me how to siam child support payments. My encik in unit told me when the small head think, the big head cannot think one.
But most importantly my unit encik taught me that just because you are in a higher office, doesn’t mean you can screw your friends from your previous office. You may need them one day.
And sure enough, he was posted back to the unit he came from after his tour in my unit
- So how to siam? Share can?
- (OP) Take ur earnings in cash and keep your head down. Any work you do just say you doing for fun and as a passion and not drawing salary especially in arts scene
- You don’t have to be super upz, just don’t be a burden
- I had a really good encik. He was the strictest guy I’ve ever met and had high standards for the people below him. He would push us to achieve great things like IPPT gold and stuff and demanded perfect work. But outside of camp he was always nice and always treated me food and stuff like that during team dinners and like hosting CNY at his house. He was really chill and honestly he’s one of the few guys I truly respect even after I ORD’ed
- My encik taught me this one sentence which is actually pretty damn good. In life, when you do something, do it once and it do it good. Best encik ever tbh really nice guy, very lucky to have him
- If you cannot, you must can.
- under-promise, over-deliver
- My unit encik taught me that promotions at work don’t automatically translate to a better life. He didn’t want promotions from CSM yet because he felt he had achieved a certain work-life balance that he could support with his income. A promotion means taking on extra work and seeing his family less often.