23.7 C
Singapore
Friday, January 27, 2023
Ads

HDB UNIT @ WOODLANDS CAUGHT FIRE AFTER RESIDENT FORGOT TO OFF GAS STOVE

A fire broke out at Block 640 Woodlands Ring Road on 23 December at about 12pm.

Advertisements

TikTok user @kasiawong1 shared how she saw smoke emitting from her neighbour’s window and hurriedly went downstairs to check.

The air stewardess said that when she went down, she found nobody at home and saw a lot of smoke coming from the unit.

She then closed the window to stop oxygen from going into the flat and “feeding” the fire, and she called the SCDF for help and waited 5 minutes for their arrival.

Residents nearby were evacuated and they then extinguished the fire.

Advertisements

Shin Min Daily News reported that the occupant of the flat, 70-year-old Madam Yu, said that her son’s girlfriend was cooking but left the house after forgetting to turn off the gas stove.

She then realised she left the stove running and rushed home, only to find firefighters inside the unit already.

Thankfully the fire was not huge and the only casualty was a steel pot.

@kasiawong1 I stay at upstairs and I saw strong smoke from the downstairs windows.quickly go down and knock the door. But NOBODY at home and strong smoke come from the house! I call 995 and wait for 5mins.The firemen came and police arrived. They work very efficiently and evacuate the surrounding residents. And they put out the fire soon. Good Job!SCDF!#fire #firefighter #sgtiktok #sglife #woodlands ♬ 原声 – Kasia
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

MASSAGE GIRL SAYS SHE EARNS MORE THAN GRADUATE BY BEATING MEN’S “AEROPLANE”

I'm a massage girl. That's what I'm commonly known as, but I'm really a masseuse and I'm proud of...
- Advertisement -