The Singapore Women’s football team got smacked 7-0 by North Korea three days ago at the Asian Games, before getting whacked 10-0 again by the same team three days later – all in all, they shipped in a total of 17 goals and scored none in the span of three days against the same team.
A Disheartening Start: 7-0 Drubbing
The Lionesses kicked off their Asian Games campaign with a tough match against North Korea. Unfortunately, the result was far from ideal, with Singapore losing 7-0. The defeat undoubtedly set the tone for the remainder of their tournament run.
The Rematch: A Double-Digit Nightmare
Just three days later, Singapore found themselves facing North Korea once again. This time, the outcome was even more devastating. The Lionesses suffered a humiliating 10-0 loss, with North Korean striker Kim Kyongyong scoring an astonishing five goals. The lopsided scoreline sealed Singapore’s fate in the tournament.
The Lionesses’ dismal performance did not go unnoticed, and the Football Association of Singapore’s Facebook page was flooded with reactions and comments.
- Is this our senior national team or some U23/U18 team? I’m trying my best to justify our heaviest defeat here
- it’s the senior team but this roster does include a number of u19 players and we are missing some seasoned veterans for this competition, and some that just returned from injury. No excuses but still not an ideal squad to be sending for Asian Games
- How can we help our local football? Do we spend 30-45mins playing with the kids at home? Or do we send them to Academy and let the coaches do their job?
- Oh well. Sometime even good teams will kena thrashing. I’m sure they tried their best. Just lack of experience.
- What is this. Firstly you girls show us defensive football. Secondly easily let them cross and head. What is this seriously 10 against 7 also they manage to score
- The question is not what is on the score board, the team has to be cleared what is on their head. Is this a free tour or a fight for sports spirit?
- Well, back to the kitchen.