A video emerged online showing a huge group of people burning joss paper for the Hungry Ghost Festival, at what appears to be a designated joss paper area.
However, joss papers could be seen falling on the ground all over the place, with the joss papers strawen all over the sidewalk and roads.
Some of the joss paper could even be seen landing on the roof of a building nearby, as the group threw the jass papers up into the air.
The joss papers were then carried by the wind and scattered everywhere, as netizen online expressed their disapproval.
- As if this does something for the dead. It creates more chores for the cleaners nia.
- Their ancestors must be very proud of them.
- You throw a single cigarette butt, you end up paying a fine and slapped with a CWO. But these people will get away with this massive littering.
- I hope this culture where we Singaporean brothers and sisters too who believe in what they are holding faith as burning and make offering..they can give more hong bao to those cleaning workers..not to the company but the person who cleaned up. Tqsm respect all those cleaners too..who will clean up
- Wow u see so many spirit taking the money thanks