My life is a lie. How do I tell my family I will not be having descendants?
I have no drive and no passion in life. Everyday I do the same thing. I don’t live an impressive lifestyle. I don’t have debts because I’ve been blessed by my elders for they have repaid my mortgage years ago. I fully own the condo that I live in and my parents also let me take over a few of their fixed deposits to manage. I promised to repay them but at the rate I’m paying back, its unlikely I will repay the full amount in their lifetime and they don’t mind. All they ask for is that I get married and give them some grandchildren. I never thought of settling down because I’m bi so I just let them continue to dream. I suspect my mum knows but is in denial. She accidentally met one of my friend/lover when she popped by my place once but she didn’t have any reaction so I left it be. I don’t count on my father to be chill about it so I never thought of telling him unless I want to lose my inheritance.
I live simply but people keep thinking I’m some rich slob sitting on a fortune. Just because I work with no pressure and select fish when I order fancai. Everyone have their own stress. Just because my stress is not about money, I don’t show or act it, doesn’t mean I have no worries.
Loneliness is subjective. I think I will feel more lonely if I have to stick to the wrong person for the rest of my life. Is it normal to not want to seek for a stable partner? Or is it that I haven’t met the right one?
Here are what netizens think:
- Everyone will have to take ownership of their own life someday. If you think you are ok living alone for the next 30-50 years, no one can stop you. But stop complaining abt your life sux…It just goes to show you are simply lazy to even bother to find out what life has to offer. Life doesn’t sux…you do
- It’s ok to remain single. You do you. It’s your own personal life and choice not to get married. Why need to bother about what your folks think? As long as you are still filial and carry out your duty as their child.
- Yes you’re rich. You used the word fancai instead of caifan. Perhaps you ordered mee siam with no hum too?
- Its okay to live for urself, but at least dont gaslit urself to think that there is no way you can find significant others at the future, keep option open…
- You’ve probably not met the guy yet. Look into your hobbies and meet people from that circle. Who knows you’ll be able to find someone you are keen on marrying with?