I will be graduating soon with an expected pass degree in NTU engineering.
Im not sure how will I be able to get a job as I heard even 3rd class honours are not desired. Throughout my years in engineering, I always find it tough and stressful that made me lost my interest in this field.I do not wish to go down this career path as Im not good with my technical skills.
I want to venture into another industries but the progression in the long term is not that great, neither do I have the experience to get hired. I’m just so lost and pressured at the same time to perform well in order to let others know Im fine.
Here are what netizens think:
- Engineering is just physics and math, try harder
- Just remember, your gpa is important only for your first job. Subsequent jobs, they want to know what experience you have to contribute to the company. Good luck!
- it does not matter if u 3rd class honours. U have an NTU degree cert. Most companies see local uni cert as priority.
- With the background you can still do many things. You can teach math, dnt, computing. You can do sales of engineering equipment. You can move into other sectors and other countries like mobile phones research. You can move into government departments.
- Depends which engineering u go to. Mech for me. My employer didn’t see grades just personality and my drive & commitment. It’s not the end of the world