What approaches do I have for nuisances at night?
Almost every single night around 2300, there will be a group of three males on their motorbikes/e-bikes making a ruckus downstairs in the nearby carpark.
I have called the police on them multiple times, and each time it is merely a stop gap measure. I have explained to the police multiple times that this is a recurring issue.
I am this close to committing a crime by going downstairs with a metal bar and smashing their heads in.
Is there anything I can do?
- I think you have no choice but to start a rival motorcycle gang
- you can try lodging a report on oneservice application, they will refer the case to the relevant agency. noise complaints are usually handled by town council or HDB, not by the police, which is probably why it seems like a stop gap measure. the appropriate agency (town council/HDB) will probably do something about it. lastly, don’t do anything stupid and take matters into your own hands because it’s probably not gonna end well and not worth it
- Go complain to your MP at the Meet the People session, or go find them when they are present for a community event in your area & make the complain to them directly.
Not sure if it might help, but suggest because I did that by raising a concern to my MP directly (politely) when I saw during a community event, & the issue was immediately being work on a few days soon after.
- I stay in Bukit Panjang and there used to be such people at my area years ago, like from 2010 to the mid 2010s. I stay on the second storey so it was very loud and noisy. They would gather at the void deck and make a lot of noise. Called police many times as well but sometimes they took damn long to show up.
Unfortunately a few of them stay in the units on the same level and they purposely make noise outside my bedroom along the corridor after that. Shrieking and screaming every time they passed by my unit.
Horrible people and police didn’t do much about it so I just gave up reporting anything anymore. Now it’s not as noisy here, I think many of them got married and moved away, only hear them making noise at the corridor on weekends occasionally.
- Have you tried using the One service app? I complained about renovations on weekends and they actually came down and assessed the situation, told off the contractor and gave me a follow up call to my personal number. I’d say it works for me
- Have you tried speaking with them? Be confident, calm, assertive but also empathetic, saying you understand they are having a good time with friends bla bla. Suggest alternative places they could go. Try to build a rapport with them if possible. In my experience, most people will understand.