It’s my tenth year anniversary of being self-employed. Although there were a lot of tough times, I’m still glad I chose this path as I really cannot stand working for an incompetent boss.
Some of my ex-colleagues who are still there told me that he still hasn’t changed. I really don’t know how they can tahan this job.
It doesn’t even pay that well. The worst memory I have there was of him shouting at me in front of everyone for not replying to his message which was sent 2 min ago.
I still remember the way his nostrils flared and the beads of perspiration trickling down his oily forehead. “Am I your maid? Why do I have to walk all the way to your desk to talk to you? Why do you need a phone for when you don’t even use it?”
At the moment I really felt like punching him in the face but I’m glad I held it in and tendered my resignation instead. When I passed him the letter, he didn’t even bother looking at me and acknowledging my presence. That’s how much of a dick he was.
If anyone of you is contemplating to leave a bad boss, please don’t ever feel guilty and just do it. Your mental well-being is worth more than anything else.
Here are what netizens think:
- Some boss like that one, you turn left turn right also wrong.
- Good job, no need listen to anyone but yourself.
- Some people are not meant to be employees, but 99% of the people are there are meant to be dogs forever.
- I still remember it like it was yesterday. The cold sweat that ran down my spine as my ex-boss walked into the room, the feeling of dread and the tightness in my chest that made it almost impossible to breathe.
- My boss was a very demanding man, with a temper that could flare up at any moment. He was strict and didn’t tolerate mistakes, and he expected everyone to work hard and meet his expectations.