Here’s my background. I’m 31 and I graduated a few years ago and took my first legit, full time job.
Even though I have been there almost two years, I still barely make enough to rent my own place, so since my parents are okay with me living at home, I live with them..
My boss (the rich owner of this company) overheard me say that my favorite thing to do is to go home, eat dinner that my mum makes and watch TV and then he made a mocking comment about my “mummy fixing my food”.
The f-er has also joked about me being skinny and quiet too. I would just love to tell him to f off one day! F you BL!
- Congrats on your job and living somewhere you enjoy that lets you focus on saving and being happy. Enjoy it and ignore the a-hole! Your family sounds like a treasure!
- Tell him if he paid you better maybe you could afford a decent place of your own.
- Many people of privilege do not understand that they’re living life on peaceful difficulty while the rest of us are playing hardcore.
- They’re making fun of you for not being able to afford more (food and housing) while they’re the ones paying you..
It’s time to get far away from that situation. Start sending resumes. You’re worth a lot more than this BS and they know it or they wouldn’t be putting you down.
- Since he’s joking about your weight, that might fall under harassment in some way, in case you wanted to take this a step farther…
- Make snide comments about the joke of a wage he offers! “it must suck not being successful enough to pay your employees a living wage! Maybe if you were smarter or worked harder you could afford to have a successful business!”