TikTok user @tonylim79 shared how he rented a GetGo vehicle for just 2 hours, and was charged more than $4,000 for it.
The system had registered him as travelling more than 10,214km and charged him $4,001.46, with each KM costing about $0.39.
Lim shared that he rented the 5-seater GetGo car on 3 February, using the car from 9.30pm to 11.29pm, which fell within the peak hours with a booking fee of $9/hour and coming up to $18 for the whole duration.
However, upon completion of the rental, he was recorded in the system as having travelled 10,214km and his mileage charge coming up to $3,983.46.
He captioned his video: “Rented 2 hours Getgo, my bill is $4K. 😓 charged for over 10k mileage with half a tank of petrol. 😂🤣, they still have to investigate. Is it possible?😤”
GetGo has since responded and said that the exorbitant charges stemmed from a technical error and they have since rectified the mistake.
Lim also added that the car-sharing company is investigating.
- you rent getgo car or getgo plane?
- normally i would take pic before and after mileage, scared they scam me 1km mileage cos 0.39 is alotta money
- In NS, I tried 4000km in 2 years also cannot
- Omg im very invested in this story hahahah. We need an update!
- double it and pass to the next person
- You chiong KL 10 times to and back, faster than The Flash
- That’s a huge amount, you should demand for answers, and compensation for severe inconvenience.
FULL VIDEO LOADING…
Source: @tonylim79 on TikTok