Lacking self discipline and need a good push.
I have been dreaming about to get slim fit and a healthy diet but I have a problem to stick to my plan. I also want to quit using handphone to cure my stiff neck and shoulders but I always end up using the phone. I have deleted social apps such as tiktok and Instagram but it always caught my attention when new posts showed up in Whispers.sg. I have been paying luxury yoga center and gym but I often find excuses to go tomorrow but when tomorrow comes, I often find another excuse.
Everything I want to do, I’m hot in the beginning, then I start to find excuses.
I don’t really enjoy freedom if I can’t live in a perfect version of myself. When I can’t say “No” to many excuses in my brains.
I don’t really have the freedom to be myself but be a slave to my old repeated patterns.
How do you discipline yourself when you want to lose weight and become fit?
What did you say to your brains when your brains give you excuses?
Here are what netizens think:
- The secret is not to be too ambitious about this and just do a little every day until it becomes a habit. Then more ambitious goals are attainable once you have a base of good habits.
- you need a good pull factor. something that you want bad enough and have to do these things to achieve it.
- Haha it is the same problem for me… but when I reach my age late last yr, back aching pushes me to walk 9k steps a day at least and stiff neck pushes me to reduce screentime. I guess i am also a lazy person, waiting till Aging problems came then I started to fix it
- first you need to tell yourself that you (your brain) is in charge of the body. Don’t let your body tell the brain what to do. You can call your body stupid if it helps. “Stupid body! Why are you so hungry all the time?”
- Secondly, you need to accept that what normal people eat is unhealthy. They dont care. They indulge in whatever they feel like 3 times a day. You cannot afford to eat like the normal person if you want to lose weight. You need to change your eating habits. Eat like a celebrity. Eat less than a primary school kid everyday. This is the hardest of all to do. Because some people cannot give up on their food. Invest in an air fryer. Only cook what you can eat. Dont order more than you can finish. No leftovers. No wastage. Edited my post to make it shorter. Can DM me if need more tips. I can advise on taking natural supplements and a simple exercise routine daily.