Aladdin looking for Princess
I grew up in a very run-down rental HDB in the poorest part of Sg and I didn’t get to go to school. However, I consider myself pretty street-smart and eloquent.
If I wasn’t born on the wrong side of the tracks, things would have been very different for someone like me.
I can no longer see a future for myself because of my background and upbringing but I believe that I could escape poverty if I could somehow could end up with an educated girl from a rich family. I am thinking of an only-child daughter? Or two daughters family to avoid unnecessary family politics.
Sometimes I feel bad when I think about it but upon reflection the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. The rich don’t feel bad when they take advantage of loopholes in the system meant to help the poor like me. This is the only way for me to escape my fate.
I hope somewhere out there a rich girl reading this will give an Aladdin like me, a diamond in the rough, a chance to break out of my circumstances. And realise my own potential.
Here are what netizens think:
- There are lots of people out there who was born poor, didn’t have a proper education but somehow make a niche for themselves. That’s because they don’t waste time on fantasising about marrying a rich girl. They go out and make their own money.
- You’re just hopeless if you’re reading this. Don’t be lazy. Work hard. Count your blessing
- Think many Aladdins looking for princess and many Cinderellas looking for prince too…..
- If you can get access to the internet, there will always be ways to work yourself and your family out of poverty. All the best!
- Born poor but doesn’t work hard and expects to be wealthy. You need to wake up, Aladdin had a genie that granted wishes. If he didn’t have that genie, he wouldn’t have had any chance with the princess….