I am thinking about whether I should accept the offer, as 4 years of studying is rather long and I would be close to 30 years old when I graduate.
Currently, I’m a Diploma holder and working. Am earning close to $3k per month. I only have 2 weeks to decide whether I’m accepting the offer.
I’ve heard all people saying that having a degree in Singapore is the minimum in this era. It just sounds as though having a Diploma now is somehow equivalent to having an ITE cert. Not trying to offend ITE students but this is my train of thought.
Pros for me going further studies:
– Better job stability in the future, pay-wise and position
– Knowledge (duh)
– Better status. I would rather not have any degree than study in a private university (SIM, SUSS…) again, my own thinking please don’t be offended it’s probably just my ego.
– probably have a better head-start compared to classmates because what I’ve learnt in Poly is similar to Uni.
Cons for me going further studies:
– takes up 4 years of my life. Not to mention when I’m out I’m going to be close to 30 yo with 0 proper income.
– current job is paying close to $3k. To climb ranks it would be hard because I only have a diploma
– knowledge is all over the internet. If I really want to learn something, I can just search it up over the internet. What I’m really pursuing for is just the degree cert.
– I have pretty much enough savings to pay for my tuition fees if I were to accept the offer. But I would rather capitalise these sum on better things (investment, etc.)
– everyone else is trying to get a degree, which is common in these years and therefore makes it kinda mainstream.
– kinda tired of studying lol
I need the readers feedback on these please as I couldn’t make up my mind, thanks so much for helping”