PLEASE BEWARE ABOUT THIS SCAM THAT IS GOING AROUND.
It just happened to me, so I hope it doesn’t happen to anyone else too.
I already made a Police report regarding this.
This guy by the name of Kum, posted a photo that he is blessing a sofa & there will be a delivery charged of $25.
When I told him I will transfer the money only once the item is delivered, he insist for the money to be transfered to him first. He even convinced me by saying that the transport company is reliable, he will even ask u to read reviews on carousell.
After I transfered him the $25, he blocked me from Facebook.
I just moved in to a rental flat & that small amount of money means a lot.
Here are what netizens think:
- Having paynow/payla & scan code, the police can contact the bank to help you. My husband said that never pay them by by bank transfer ;scan code. Just tell them payment by cash upon delivery.
- Thanks for informing, I suspect this might be a fake and not his FB acc and it could be a hacked, stolen and made used of. Most likely he could also be operating from outside of Sgp.
- I met before,reported to police.Only statement given,investigator in AngMokio police division said this is not against to law.No further action will be taken.We must be careful.
- As long more and more people come out to make police report, they will take action coz of the same paynow number appearing multiple times on the reports. They will know it’s not a one off thing and will investigate. Please go and make the report if you are one of the victims to stop this guy.
- That’s so horrible!!What a tainted soul!! Hope a police report lodge will put a stop to his conniving tricks on innocent victims