Should I get a brand new Merc/ BMW as the first car?
I have always loved these cars since young but only have the chance to seriously consider it now. I am currently riding a bicycle and thinking to upgrade to a car.
Both my wife and my workplaces are far from our house and we can greatly reduce travel time if we share a car. We don’t plan to have kids and currently have some excess savings. I know it can be crazy getting such a car at my age (mid 20s) and at such coe prices but I don’t want to wait till I’m like 40s or 50s to get the stuff I love.
Life is short and by then I would not be as energetic and maybe suffering from health issues and can’t enjoy life fully.
Here are what netizens think:
- I get chauffeur around….Pressed a few buttons and they come within 10 mins. Tell them turn right, they don’t dare to turn left. No need to fight over parking space. And it’s cheaper than owning a car.
- >10yrs driving experience. Mix of relative’s car or my own. Mazda MX6, Suzuki Swift, BMW M3, Mercedes E class(?), Kia Forte K3. Generally, no kid or elderly parents? Car not worth it. Kid? Yes you need a car. Out of the car brands, I liked the Kia the most. Feature rich, fuel efficient, affordable parts for maintenance / repair. Practical stuff is exactly what you need if you need a car (ie you have kids or elderly), not show off rights.
- Lanjiao, my friend has 4 kids also no car.
- Go for it. Life is short, unpredictable & fragile. U never know when one suddenly gone. It will be the most regretable that one cannot make his or her wish come true before long gone.
- Just get it. You only had one life. Don’t regret. Money can earn back. Happiness can’t. Do what makes you happy. Listen to your own voice. Cars can be an asset to you , use it wisely.