What is the purpose of having children?
Isn’t the main purpose of having children is because you like and love kids?
Why are there people having the old mindset of thinking where they treat kids as an “investment” and to gain from them when they grow up?
For example, some people want kids so that:
– there will be someone to settle their funeral
– there will be someone to give them money so that they can retire early
– there will be someone to help with their liabilities like paying bills and etc
– there will be someone to rely on when they grow old
– and etc
Aren’t those kind of thinking and purpose very wrong??
Here are what netizens think:
- What is the purpose of having pets? My guess is it’s along the same line of reasoning but you can talk to them and they can talk back. And they last a lot longer unless you have a tortoise.
- To inculcate and inspire our “miniMe” the right beliefs and values as humans. To set good examples imparting wisdom, especially NOT how monetary gains and selfishness equate to personal SUCCESS
- Nowadays we cannot depend on our children anymore bcos of the ever rising costs of living and even for the dead. Since you talked about funeral and I’m in the bereavement industry. Let me share this trend with you all. More elderly and even younger ones from 30s, my youngest client was 20s already preplanned for afterlife property. Cos they know the inflation rate is ridiculous and our children will not afford to even do a funeral 20-50yrs down the road or even a final resting place. Insurance is really to cover family expenses and not funeral costs which are in full cash payments. Thus it’s important to plan for ourselves and not burden our children with debts upon our old age with medical fees or funeral costs. They didn’t ask to be borned to suffer this way. Losing a loved one is tough enough having to grieve and financial losses adds on to the stress and grievances. I hope more people can plan well, live well and leave well.