With covid, nowadays real estate price is going sky high. Those who are rich, they can afford a private property without any concern.
Whereas those middle class income population, private property will never be an option. And HDB will need to wait till 35.
Is like saying that single people don’t deserve a life…. We don’t need a space for us to live our own life…
Staying with parents is a blessing. But I wish I could have some personal space and privacy as well.
Here are what netizens think:
- Just SK it up and stay with your parents. People in other countries get kick out at 18 with no option of public housing , work entry level with crazy rental prices for a cage room. Sure you say they higher income. But you ownself say I middle income. Not happy, want independence, want privacy, go pool your resources , find a couple of roommates, go rent a house. If not go camping at east coast park.
- Govt is artificially restricting housing prices to prevent the crash in prices 10yrs down the road when there are lesser young ppl.
- If you’re not happy, just show your dissatisfaction by voting the other parties lor. How to have ur cake and eat it leh. The gov is already very obvious, u want “cheap” housing, u better get married and have kids.
- yea. it’s been discussed for a long time. even in other countries like the states. it’s like i sell u chicken rice for 100 dollar, is it affordable? yes it is “affordable”, i can pay 100, but is it justified?
- Yes it is hard, and houses (both public and private) are getting smaller too so multi generational living is becoming more unbearable for people who desire FREEDUMB once they hit 21. Rentals could become a thing like other countries but hopefully a solution can be found without chrashing property prices.