Although most jobs are tough in their own way, I am wondering if there is any job that is does not require much effort and have enough free time for me to focus on my side hustle? Ideally if can WFH or have flexible hours. Does anyone know?
- Have you guys ever wondered why Singaporeans fall prey to so many scams each month? Let me present Exhibit A:
- How is your side hustle still a side hustle if you need to find a slack job in order to have time to focus on it?
- I think when you reach a certain level of seniority and expertise. The work becomes really easy and/or you manage a team that does the work.
It really depends on what you perceive as an easy job though. A doctor probably can’t do the job of an experienced plumber, likewise.
But if you’re looking to ask the internet for ideas for easy jobs… we also want to know
- there are 2 reasons why you get hired: 1) you’re hired for your time 2) you’re hired for your brain.
The first being operational roles, you’re hired to perform certain tasks on a regular basis. The latter being advisory/consulting/sales roles, where you’re hired to add value to the team.
The former is kinda dead end and consumes most of your time and energy whereas the latter allows you to optimise your per-hour output so you can complete your work faster as you get better at your job and frees up your time to do other things.
- There are easy jobs but pay is low lor. Like those retail store job where you sit around and watch K-drama for most of the day.
- I’m in one now as a part time clinic assistant in a rather ulu area that mostly serves regular customers. I can go an entire day serving max 3-5 customers.
Pay is @ss, work arrangement is weird and the overabundance of free time (that I can’t spend doing own thing) is semi hell in it’s own right, but coming from a similar previous job where I barely have anytime to eat properly (which caused a GERD issue that hasn’t completely resolved to this day). I’m not sure which is worse to be honest ….
- Receptionist can be “easy”, in that your work starts and ends at the counter. Personal assistant is not just a receptionist and it can be a full-time job++, so be clear of the job description before signing up.
Security guard for some locations have regular schedules that allows you to slot online meetings between patrols.
Part-time taxi driver, you drive fixed hours and then go back to your side hustle. Similarly, part-time food delivery/last mile logistics.
Part-time bus driver, it’s actually quite lucrative. Again, somewhat fixed hours (traffic is a bitch sometimes), then you go back to your hustle.