Hi 27M here, just want to ask is it possible to find a girl to marry on paper in order to buy a bto, then each of us pay 50% of the bto, with no intimate r/s involved,
basically me or the girl can bring any guy/girl home and the other party will not care as we are not in a real r/s, just being together on paper to buy a bto, then when the MOP is up we will sell the flat and split the proceeds 50-50, and then divorce.
Would this be legal? Would it be realistic to be able to find a girl who be willing to hop into this ‘investment’ plan as well?
As I cant stand living with my family and want to move out asap but dont qualify for bto as a single.
- This is called a scam marriage.
- By asking it outright, it’s not legal already. Pls lah instead of such an elaborated plan that takes years to materialise with trust issues etc, and then u still need to buy another flat later after selling , just go rent, buy small condo or find a real gf and marry her lah. So many simpler options wanan go for the most complicated one
- You know there’s something call RENT righ? Otherwise just wait a few more years you can buy yourself as a SINGLE man la, why complicate things? You buy bto now also need to wait what.
- Just rent la knn what kinda stupid plan you trying to come up with when the solution is so simple
- The maximum penalty for the marriage of convenience offence is a fine of up to $10,000 and/or jail time of up to 10 years.
- Alamak u didnt serve NS?! You can do whatever you want. Just dun get caught nia! Conform you one blur sotong during NS right?