What are your retirement plans?
I’m currently in my 30s, spending 12hours outside of house, Mon to Fri, working. I sleep ard 9hrs per day, so only have 3hrs to rest on weekdays, including cooking and eating dinner.
Considering to retire earlier than retirement age (maybe 58-60yo) to spend time on myself and enjoy life more (e.g. exercise more, raising a puppy, going for hikes etc..)
My wife and I don’t plan to have kids as well. Would like to hear what are some of the retirement plan or milestones yall have!
- My wife and myself will spend retirement doing
-volunteer work(willing hearts, animal shelters, etc)
-some part time work where we can interact with ppl
Essentially keeping ourselves busy with things that are good for society(giving back) as such activities are not wallet friendly.
- Semi retired in my 30s. married but no kids. I usually tell people i am on sabbatical. Retirement is fundamentally unstructured and you have to internally impose your own meaning and purpose in life, which i think most singaporeans will struggle with because we grow up in an environment where we are always told what to do.
Personally i think it is helpful to have “mental” and “physical” hobbies. Mental hobbies can be learning of new skills or language while physical ones are sports (preferably social or team based). You have to constantly set mini goals for yourself otherwise you will end up in a state of ennui and depression.
- Now 40yo, don’t ever intend to have kids. Intend to pay off my flat by 45yo then planning to FIRE when I’m between 45-50yo. Gonna spend a few months a year traveling within the region. Japan is like a second home to me. In-between I’d be working part-time to earn some kopi money. Just take life slow and chill.
- don’t plan to retire. when older just find a job that is less mentally taxing/stressful. But otherwise i find it’s quite unhealthy to retire
- Currently in my 30s too. Not planning to retire early because I will be too bored, not working for a few months is nice but it gets old after awhile. So I guess I will work till retirement age or till I am no longer gainfully employed.
I’m single and I don’t have any dependents, so don’t need that much and nothing to pass on to my next generations. For my own personal retirement plans are to own 1 condo here and another one overseas, rent 1 out and stay in the other. Another option is to rent both out and just stay in budget hotels around the world, with the crazy rental market here shouldn’t be too difficult. Also to have 1 mil in CPF for some cash in case of rainy days.