The SIA Cabin Crew crush.
Just want to share my thoughts after reading the comments left by the readers:
1. Aren’t most SIA stewards gay? Like 90%? Most of the crew are not good-looking but are all meticulously groomed. Meeting a good-looking steward is so rare but meeting one who is not straight is very common. My steward is seriously handsome and well-groomed but very rushed and can I say also kinda “bit**y”?
2. The flight industry is well-known for their promiscuity. Touch-down, party and sleep around is the norm unless you want to be an outcast and this is seriously very sad. There are some who are in the industry just for money and will avoid partying and stay in their 4-stars hotel room, save money and quit in 3 years before next contract or something. Being materialistic is a thing too since branded goods are cheaper aboard and you again may become an outcast if you don’t carry some brand on you, etc. All-in-all, being a steward/stewardess you have to be okay with the crazy flying schedules, missing out special holidays, being harassed by everyone including your superiors and passengers etc. I really do feel for them. Being a passenger is so great and I love SIA. Loyal customer here.
3. Towards the year-end of 2022, Stewardess and Stewards can be mask-less. However not all will choose to do so. Or knowing how hierarchical it is working at SIA, they maybe chosen to be mask-less or can mask-up based on how attractive they are.
4. I am not a 45-year old aunty lah, just saying. Not pretty but definitely not ugly lor. He closed the curtain on me at the galley but it’s not because he feared for his life. I was just minding my own business.
5. Sharing how I felt when I encountered a good-looking steward is my way of moving forwards. You know how it is with crushes. You can’t just tell anyone and you may have an unrealistic hope that the other party had noticed you. Of course with my case, no lah.
But if anyone from the SIA cabin crew is reading this, can you help me spread this post around hahaha.