The Central Narcotic Bureau (CNB) arrested a 42-year-old Singaporean man on 6 September for suspected drug offences, and more than 8kg of drugs worth $343,000 were seized in the enforcement operations that took place on 6 and 7 September.
Drug Syndicate Disrupted With More Than 8Kg of Illicit Drugs Seized
08 Sep 2022
Officers from the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested a 42-year-old Singaporean man for suspected drug offences on 6 September 2022. A total of about 659g of ‘Ice’, 5,093g of cannabis, 442g of ketamine, 252g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 145 Erimin-5 tablets, 17 bottles of liquid believed to contain 1,195g GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) and 535g of tampered sachets of beverage mix believed to contain controlled drugs were seized during the operation. The drugs seized are estimated to be worth close to $343,000. The seizure of 659g of ‘Ice’ can feed the addiction of about 380 abusers for a week, while 5,093g of cannabis is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 720 abusers for a week.
2. In the evening of 6 September, CNB officers arrested the 42-year-old man in the vicinity of Geylang Road. The man had put up a violent struggle to resist arrest and necessary force was used to subdue him. A total of about 134g of ‘Ice’, 1,671g of cannabis, 77g of ketamine, 54g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and 50 Erimin-5 tablets were recovered from the 42-year-old man.
3. The 42-year-old man was then escorted to his hideout in the same vicinity, where about 525g of ‘Ice’, 3,422g of cannabis, 365g of ketamine, 198g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 95 Erimin-5 tablets, 17 bottles of liquid believed to contain 1,195g of GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) and 136g of tampered sachets of beverage mix believed to contain controlled drugs were seized from the residential unit. In the early morning of 7 September, the 42-year-old man was also escorted to a suspected drug store in an industrial building in the vicinity of Eunos Ave 3. Another 399g of tampered sachets of beverage mix believed to contain controlled drugs were seized from one of the storage units in the building.
4. SUPT Stanley Seah, Deputy Director of Intelligence Division, said of the operation:
“CNB will continue to take decisive and firm action against drug syndicates and traffickers seeking to bring harm to our community and profit off the misery of abusers’ family and loved ones. Drugs have no place in our society, and my officers will stop at nothing to bring those involved in this case to justice.”
5. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in a controlled drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 250g of methamphetamine or 500g of cannabis, he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
6. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
8 September 2022